Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sitting here and playing

Here I sit, wondering if I should make cookies first or breakfast bars; all this after I finished getting the laundry done. 

Also in a quandary. A friend of mine is on a vacation of sorts to the eastern part of the state. He received a post on Facebook from a man that we both know saying his fiancé is knowingly spreading his HIV in sexual exploits while he is gone. The fiancé says they are vicious rumors and completely untrue, but my friend says it would not be out of character for him to be doing, but cannot exactly trust the source.

The person who told my friend says he completely trusts his “source.” I am not so trustful. I sent him the following note (name of fiancé is starred out)”

“While I don’t know the truth, it would seem strange to me how your “source” would know this to be true unless he experienced it first hand as in having unprotected sex with ******* and never having been told by ******* he was HIV+. Outside of that, how would they in fact know? Where did they get that information? Second hand? Third hand? Also, how recent is the information?  That is the problem with information second or third hand, you are much further from the source and as I learned in the game of “rumor” in grade school, the story gets changed as it moves from person to person.”

So we shall see. I hate rumors, because they are truths wrapped up in lies and packaged in deceit. 

No comments: