Monday, October 10, 2011

It is done, and I am pensive

Well, the office is mostly done, at least as far as the budget will allow. All the painting is done, the valence installed, and photos hung. The books are in the bookcases, and the Ikea chairs are assembled and put in place.

Still do to:
1. Install the hardwood floor.  After we buy it that is, and we do not have the $400 it would take to do that free right now.

2. Paint and install the trim. Another $100.

So the $500 or so it will take to finish we are putting to getting out of debt. So the subfloor is just fine for now, I may see about the cost of an area rug to go over it in the short term.

The fall rains have started, so there has not been one day that was not overcast in the past two weeks or so. Tried to go to Mt. St. Helens with my friend John but the fog was so thick it was like someone had hung a sheet in front of us. The plus side-I spent the day with an attractive friend whom I really like as a person who was seeing it all for the first time.

I downgraded the main Mac from Lion to Snow Leopard. I just didn’t care for Lion on the desktop, although the laptop will remain with Lion for now. It makes much more sense on the laptop for some reason.

Floors and laundry are done today, now on to making some pecan rolls!!!!

No comments: